- the singular includes the plural and vice versa
- reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Just Cooperate Limited is the “data controller”. This means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any data is processed.
We may collect the following data, which includes “personal data”, from you:
- your name
- date of birth
- job title
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as home address, postcode, preferences and interests
- any charitable or good cause/project you support
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers / bank details
- spending habits when using our voucher or currency systems ie: item(s) purchased and where, amount spent
(the following is data collected automatically without necessarily any submission from you)
- IP address
- web browser type, version and plugins
- operating system
- URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to
- possible approximate location
- device type you are using
- the device CPU/GPU and display resolution
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you
- data is received from other sources (third parties and publicly available third parties)
- data is collected automatically
Data given to us by you
Just Cooperate Limited collects your data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through our website (or by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other communication means)
- when you register with us and set up a member account to receive our products/services
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them)
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel or other means
- when you make payments to us, through this website or other means
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us
- when you use any of our services
- when in particular you use our Voucher/Currency System
Data received by third parties
Just Cooperate will receive data about you from the following third parties:
- third party shops where you make a purchase
- charitable organisations, good causes and local projects you support
- web analytic applications provided by Google, Mail Chimp etc
- social media companies we link to like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc
Data received from publicly available third parties
Just Cooperate will receive data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
- when you interact with any Just Cooperate page or account on a social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, we may collect the personal information that you or the platform make available to us depending on the privacy settings on the relevant social media application or service.
- from certain third parties that make available information collected both online and offline
Data collected automatically
When you access this website, Just Cooperate can collect your data automatically, for example:
- using Google Analytics and other web data collection, reporting and analysis tools
- by interacting with your internet browser when you visit our website.
- via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. (See also section below headed “COOKIES”).
The above automatically collected information helps us to understand and optimise web usage and to make improvements to our website effectiveness, content and navigation. The data we collect includes, amongst other things, your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content. (See “DATA COLLECTED” above)
OUR USE OF DATA AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website.
- internal record keeping
- improvement of our products / services
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
- contact for market research purposes done using email, telephone, fax, mail or mobile methods.
- information that may be used to customise or update the website
- details that allow us to ensure the smooth running of our Voucher/Currency scheme
- for fraud prevention purposes especially with regard to our Voucher scheme
We may use your data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “YOUR RIGHTS” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we need your consent, whether via an explicit opt-in or soft-opt-in.
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under soft opt-in consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit opt-in consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Find out how to withdraw your consent in the section headed “YOUR RIGHTS” below.
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
We may use your data to show you adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Just Cooperate Limited adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (refer to section headed “COOKIES” below).
WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
We may share your data with the following groups of people for the following reasons: